Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My baby girl

Here is a picture of my baby girl on Friday as we were leaving the opthamologist office. I don't know if all of you know this, but Kylah was born with a severely far sighted eye. +6.50 to be exact. Her other eye is perfect. So when this happens the brain shuts off the use of that eye and the "good" eye kicks in and does all the seeing. They tried to fix this with glasses but its not happening fast enough. Kylah only has til the age of 7 or 8 before the eye is not able to be corrected anymore. If we don't get it corrected and something were to ever happen to her "good" eye the doc said she would never be able to drive a car or see normal out of that eye. So they patched her up as we were leaving. This lasted all of 20 minutes before Kylah started to freak out and peel it off her eye. There is an alternative which we are going to try. It's a drop that I will put in her "good" eye daily which dialates the eye and causes it to be blurry for about 4-6 hours. This is supposed to force the "bad" eye to start working. We'll see how this goes.


1 comment:

Kelly Meyer said...

:( poor Kylah...I can very much relate to her, it's my right eye that's no good...let her know that she is in my prayers!