Thursday, February 12, 2009

Here is a question from our Fireproof study this week.

"Think of a time when you tried to show love to someone, and they didn't respond in a way you wanted. How did you feel?"

This one hit home for me. I have a past friend who I have tried to reach out to a few different times and every time it was like a piece of my heart got stepped on, or like you just got slapped in the face. Another friend sent me a forward email and the timing was perfect! This is what it said:

There comes a point in your life when you realize
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
and Who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

That statement is really hard for me to grasp because the friendships I have I consider forever! You may have ups and downs but you work through them. What it says does help you realize you need to let go when you can't do anymore then you possibly have and just give up to God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Jes....you will forever be my friend no matter how much you annoy me or in a couple of weeks how much you suck at rockband!